Sunday, March 6, 2011

Verizon Cables in our Neighborhood

I have decided to document the cables in Rose Park so I drove around today and took pictures. These are only seen from the streets, I didn't go down any alleys. It's outrageous that these cables have been strung around our neighborhood.
I'll have a petition at the book signing this Saturday for anyone who feels the same way.


I've been doing alot of walking in Rose Park for a couple of weeks now taking sidewalk pictures and distributing flyers for the 7th Street Business group. Even though I was concentrating on the sidewalk cracks and potholes I found so many beautiful homes and serene streets. People said hi to me everywhere I went and I was enjoying myself tremendously. Then I hit Orizaba St. and suddenly there were all these verizon cables and wires hanging down slanting telephone poles!
I've noticed them before and people in the neighborhood have mentioned them but wow they are really bad in some areas.
I met a Verizon representative at the 7th Street Sampler and I told him about my concerns.
It would be great if I knew the spots in the neighborhood where the residents had complaints.
Email me if this is your concern too. I'd like to see if we can do something about cleaning this up and making sure they are safe.

1 comment:

  1. On the 700 block of Obispo the curbs are falling apart on the East side of the street. I called Suja Lowenthal's office and they contacted public works, butthey said that the 2nd district is not up for any sidewalk/curb repairs.

    ReplyDelete